By GREGORY N. HEIRES
At a series of one-on-one meetings at the union—“CUNY Days at DC 37”—you will have an opportunity to discuss how you can complete your degree and take advantage of other educational options.
The District Council 37 Education Fund is working with the Murphy Institute (the CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies) in a new collaboration to help members return to school and advance in their career.
This program will help you:
- Learn about the academic requirements for specific jobs;
- Choose a CUNY campus and major;
- Apply to and finance college;
- Become informed about continuing education and certification options;
- Long term career development;
- Find out about the fastest-growing industries in New York City;
- …and more.
Over three months, the program is going to hold free 30-minute individual sessions for members to discuss their goals with an advisor.
The meetings are on Feb. 7, Feb. 21, March 7, March 21, April 4, April 18, and May 2. These meetings will be from 6 to 8 p.m. at DC 37 headquarters, on 125 Barclay St., in downtown Manhattan.
To schedule a session, please visit https://cunydaysd7.eventbrite.com.
Contact Becky Firesheets at email@example.com or call 212.857.1976.