The DC 37 Organizing Department has scheduled lunch time information events this fall to strengthen the power of our collective voice and equip members with the tools necessary to move forward together.
At the top of the agenda: voting “NO” on the New York State Constitutional Convention to protect worker rights and safeguard the pensions of members and retirees, and engaging the union’s membership on this and other issues.
In addition, the next general activist training is scheduled for Nov. 2 at DC 37 union headquarters. A second session will be scheduled about two weeks after the first session. To register for the training or for more information, call DC 37 Organizing at (212) 815-1095.
“Workplace info sessions and activist training are part of an effort to strengthen the union from the grassroots,” said Barbara Terrelonge, director of the DC 37 Organizing Dept. “With more active members, our union will be stronger, whether that involves our involvement in a contract fight, political activities or protecting coworkers in the workplace.”
Come join us and get to know your union. Below is the schedule of events for DC 37 members who work at the locations. Click on the link for a leaflet.
DC 37 LUNCH TIME INFO SESSIONS – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. unless otherwise noted below.
- Sept. 14, 2017 – Human Resources Admin. – 1375 Jerome Ave. (2nd Floor Conf. Room)
- Sept. 15, 2017 – Dept. of Finance – 345 Adams Street (7th Floor Training Room)
- Sept. 15, 2017 – Human Resources Admin. – 1375 Jerome Ave. (2nd Floor Conf. Room)
- Sept. 19, 2017 – Dept. of Education – 65 Court Street (16th Floor Conf. Room)
- Sept. 19, 2017 – Dept. of Finance- 59 Maiden Lane (29th Floor Training Room)
- Sept. 20, 2017 – Dept. of Education – 65 Court Street (16th Floor Conf. Room)
- Sept. 20, 2017 – Human Resources Admin. – 2322 Third Ave. (3rd Fl. Conf. Room)
- Sept. 22, 2017 – Jacobi Medical Center – 1400 Pelham Pkwy S. (Auditorium)
- Sept. 28, 2017 – Dept. of Finance – 210 Joralemon (5th Floor Large Conf. Room)
- Sept. 29, 2017 – Jacobi Medical Center – 1400 Pelham Pkwy S. (Auditorium)
DC 37 ACTIVIST TRAINING SCHEDULE – The training session will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Room 4 at DC 37 headquarters, 125 Barclay Street in lower Manhattan. Registration is at 5:30 p.m.
- November 2, 2017 (Thursday) – Session 1