Applications are now being accepted for the DC 37 Education Dept. scholarships listed below. Most scholarships are for members’ and retirees’ children and grandchildren. However, the Lillian Roberts Scholarship for Continuing Education is for active members only.
The scholarship application deadline is July 15. All applicants will be required to submit a completed application package and include all required documentation.
- To apply for a scholarship: 2017 DC 37 Scholarship Award Guidelines & Application
- For more information visit the DC 37 website or call the Education Dept. at 212-341-4999.
EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MEMBERS’ CHILDREN & GRANDCHILDREN
The DC 37 Education Committee offers scholarships for dependent children and grandchildren of DC 37 eligible members in good standing and retirees who are members of the DC 37 Retirees Association. These scholarships are for applicants who are graduating high school seniors who will be entering their first year of college or college students entering their first or second year of undergraduate study.
All awards are $1,000 and may only be received one time per academic year. Applicants may not receive more than one Education Committee scholarship. For more information call the Education Department at 212-341-4999. The following scholarships are available:
- MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – This scholarship honors past union leaders who have helped build DC 37. The Memorial Scholarship awards scholarships each year to applicants who are High School Seniors ONLY.
- DC 37 EDUCATION COMMITTEE SCHOLARSHIP – The applicant must be currently enrolled in the first or second year of a 2-year or 4-year college, university, technical or trade school. High School students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- OVERCOMING OBSTACLES SCHOLARSHIP – The applicant must be a high school senior or currently enrolled in the first or second year of a 2-year or 4-year college, university, technical or trade school, overcoming a physical or learning disability. The applicant must submit proof of disability.
- EVELYN GASKIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – The applicant must be pursuing a Career in Education. When the winners are selected, each will be required to submit proof of enrollment in an Education degree program. The recipients must be currently enrolled in the first or second year of a 2-year or 4-year college or university. High School students are not eligible for this scholarship.
EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR ACTIVE MEMBERS
- LILLIAN ROBERTS SCHOLARSHIP FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION – The applicant must be an active member of DC 37 pursuing an undergraduate degree in a 2-year or 4-year college or university. This scholarship is for active members only.